Kappa Search is a professional recruiting company that specializes in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and technical sales. We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager with industrial machinery/capital equipment experience.
- Engineering Manager Reports directly to the General Manager with dotted line to CTO (Chief Technology Officer)
- Manage technical team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to design and develop sophisticated equipment and process solutions from concept to implementation.
- Conduct a thorough Technical Agreement/Contract review prior to accepting the purchase order to establish machine specifications. This must include review of customer drawings, Incoming/Final tolerances, feasibility of process, pre-acceptance and final machine acceptance protocol and standards
- Hands on involvement with the machine and tool design for various product lines using Solidworks engineering design software.
- Create project specifications and outline the scope required to meet the budget and timeline goals
- Conduct design reviews with customers and internally with the core team for each project. Ensure that the designs are functional and cost effective
- Create and monitor workload schedules for engineers to optimize efficiency
- Implement and maintain PDM system with check in/check out procedures, revision levels, etc
- Generate, review and release Bills of Materials
- Create and maintain part number database
- Document machine build procedures with alignment accuracies for all critical axes of machines
- Investigate new technology and perform research and development testing to facilitate continuous improvement
- Drive competitive edge through technology and innovation from customer visits, competitor benchmarking and trade show visits
- Provide direction, mentorship and coaching to the team members
- Setup periodic training programs for mechanical and electrical engineers on the latest industry standards, software, etc
- Work directly with customers and sales team to provide proposals/quotation for certain custom machine projects