Field Service Engineer
International manufacturer of machine tools
Kappa Search is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in engineering, manufacturing and technical sales recruitment and placement. Our client is a Chicago-based manufacturer of custom and standard Machine Tools seeking to add a Field Service Engineer to the their service team. They will perform necessary work to keep machines and mechanical equipment operational while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Repair major and minor issues with machine tool equipment onsite with customers
- Assisi with installations and customer training of machine tool machinery
- Utilize knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and hand tools to make necessary repairs
- Assist customer engineering teams with maintenance and machine trainings
- Provide excellent customer service, listening carefully to customer concerns and addressing issues until customer is satisfied
- Maintain parts inventory and personal library of machine manuals
- High school diploma or equivalent required; secondary degree strongly desired
- 3+ years experience with repairing grinding, honing, lapping, cutting, and/or CNC machinery
- Ability to travel upwards of 80%
- Valid Diver’s license and US Passport (or the ability to obtain one)
- Strong, independent work ethic
Kappa Search, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, citizenship status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses as mandated by applicable local, state, and federal laws.