KSI is a Technical Recruitment Agency that specializes in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Operations and Management recruitment and placement. Our client, a major food production company based in West Suburban Chicago, seeks a General Manager with warehouse management expertise.
- Will directly manage several exempt production and warehouse professionals, indirectly lead over 100 non-exempt personnel.
- Oversee all aspects of the our manufacturing processes, including maintenance and facilities, warehousing and shipping and receiving.
- Continuously review and optimize all manufacturing and logistics processes to ensure the highest levels of operating efficiency.
- Direct production planning for facility, continuously balancing customer demands with production considerations
- Implement set of relevant key performance indicators (KPIs) with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Actively coach, train and develop team to build confidence, implement warehouse management methods and deliver KPI results.
- Stay abreast of new and changing regulations regarding food safety and sanitation
- Lead through example – promote safety and quality performance and help establish culture
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5 – 10 years experience leading warehouse teams, preferably within the food industry
- Several years experience leading a refrigerated warehouse.
- Several years of experience costing and pricing services.
- 3 + years Profit & Loss experience.
- WMS expertise
- PSM Program and Ammonia Refrigeration System experience is a plus.
- HACCP preferred.