Product Development Engineer
Kappa Search is looking for a skilled professional in the Ceramics Engineering and/or Materials Engineering field to serve as a Product Development Engineer at a Chicago Area manufacturing firm. This person will serve in a multi faceted position tasked with supervising product development, product quality, and raw material selection and evaluation.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Completing product development projects to increase product performance and grow market availability
- Acting as a technical liaison across all facets of the business including sales, marketing, manufacturing, distribution partners and construction offices
- Supporting sales efforts through technical support and industry presentations
- Evaluating and analyzing competitive product trends in the industry to identify opportunities for development and cost reduction
- Collaborating with purchasing to qualify new and substitute raw materials to drive cost reductions and improve product performance
- Providing Field Support, Participating in Meetings, Conferences, and Trade Shows
- Adhering to environmental and safety regulations and acts in accordance with United States’ laws
- Adhering to corporate policy on business ethics.
Required Qualifications for this position will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in ceramics engineering or material science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of design experience in the ceramics industry.
- Proficient with the MS. Suite of software tools.
- Knowledge and a passion for manufacturing and construction.
- Able to create and deliver presentations
- Excellent Communication skills, willing and able to work independently or in multi-disciplined teams at all levels
- Willingness to travel up to 20%, with some being short notice to support installations/applications.