Kappa Search is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in engineering, manufacturing and supply china recruitment and placement. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer with capital equipment experience. Responsibilities and requirements as follows:
• Purchasing of finished goods, raw materials, and subcontracted machining services
• Maintenance of existing vendor relationships and identification of potential new vendors
• Solicitation of quotations and vendor negotiations for new products
• Analysis and maintenance of appropriate inventory levels to assure customer satisfaction
• Creation and maintenance of purchase orders and vendor information
• Creation and implementation of cost reduction initiatives
• Product cost and margin analyses
• Manage special projects as required
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- A minimum 3-5 years in a purchasing or materials management function in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior work experience in automated machinery, machine tools or packaging machinery is desirable.
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency.
- Experience or knowledge of machining operations is a plus.
Successful candidates will be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving skills, and be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.