Software Engineer – Embedded
Kappa Search is a Chicago technical recruitment firm that specializes in engineering, technology, manufacturing and supply chain recruitment and placement. One of our clients, the global leader in their industry, seeks an Embedded Software Engineer for a growth opportunity.
- The Embedded Software Engineer will lead the development of embedded software and firmware for consumer electronics products that have TCP/IP-based communication protocols (Ethernet/IP, Modbus, Profinet).
- The incumbent will possess a strong knowledge of networking and embedded firmware development.
- Development will include new products, features, or improvements to legacy products. Responsibilities will also include the design of functional and performance test plans for firmware.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 2 – 5 years experience with embedded software.
- Experience with high volume consumer electronics is a plus Embedded C, RTOS, Embedded Ethernet, and Microcontroller expertise.
- Experience with TCP/IP and industrial communication protocols (RS-232, RS-485, Modbus, Profibus, HART).
- Experience with Ethernet and wireless communications in an embedded environment.
- Detailed knowledge of HTTP protocol. Strong knowledge of Application layer protocols.
- Experience with C++, C# or JAVA is a plus
- Linux experience is a plus