Director of Manufacturing
Kappa Search is a Technical Recruitment Agency that specializes in Engineering, Manufacturing and Operations recruitment and placement. Our client, a manufacturer of industrial products, is recruiting for a Director of Manufacturing. The Director of Manufacturing will be responsible for utilizing their strong engineering and manufacturing knowledge to streamline process, test and quality.
The Director of Manufacturing will effectively coordinate with the Plant Manager, Engineering, Project Management, Quality and Process Improvement to align manufacturing operations with business opportunities and growth.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing techniques throughout manufacturing that effectively preserve value and quality, while reducing labor cost.
- Work with the Process Improvement Manager to identify and implement continuous process improvements in order to remove non-value added activities, increase the efficient use of equipment, reduce production time, and/or increase product quality.
- Develop and maintain reports to detect and communicate production problems to reduce cycle time within manufacturing.
- Develop and manage manufacturing-related resource allocations and budget execution with a focus on production costs, product quality, employee safety, and process efficiencies.
- Review production schedules and orders to ensure the optimal availability of inventory, tools, and employee resources, and to make decisions on work procedures and assignments to support a seamless workflow so that client delivery requirements and employee overhead margin goals are met.
- Recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement or addition of machines.
- 7 + years manufacturing engineering experience coupled with a minimum of 5 years project management and supervisory experience.
- Bachelors of Engineering degree preferred – Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or related disciplines.
- A successful track record in developing and implementing effective manufacturing systems (QMS, HS&E, MES, CMMS, KPI Reporting, etc.)
- Project Management skills and track record of success
- Hands-on technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Lean & Six Sigma working knowledge. JIT and Root Cause Analysis.
- Good working knowledge of PLCs, VFDs and linear motion equipment.