Kappa Search is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Technical Sales recruitment and placement. We are actively recruiting for an Electrical Engineer as follows:
- Primary technical interface to suppliers of embedded technology-based equipment/products.
- Learn and support company software products – their operation and installation – both in client/server mode or single computer mode.
- Where allowed, remotely access software products to help troubleshoot the software or the products it is monitoring.
- Gain an acute understanding of the operation of embedded products – from circuits operation to firmware operation.
- Conceive and implement appropriate test protocols for both new product prove-outs, to product changes.
- Conduct firmware testing prior to launching updates – validating operation, warnings, errors, state changes, I/O, and other functions.
- Where needed, procure or design and build appropriate interfaces to test equipment and PCs.
- Work with service and suppliers to analyze trends at component level for improvement action.
- Recommend product changes that improve performance or quality.
- Learn and maintain the RFID tag profile system
- Research salability of product internationally – agency implications, voltage/.frequency implications.
- BSEE or equivalent
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experienced in software and electronics quality methodology.
- Several years Embedded QA, Electronic Test Engineer, Embedded Design or Service of technology-laden products.
- Lab management experience.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and ports, client/server software across a network.