Our client is a manufacturer of extruded brass and alloys and related products seeking a Manager for the Finishing Process. This person will be responsible for developing manufacturing and engineering solutions to optimize throughput and drive efficiency. This is a first shift position in a union environment.
- Crew supervision/Facilitation and response to the requirements of the production process.
- Develops and manages the methodology to monitor and improve departmental safety aspects.
- Create and maintain a methodology to monitor and improve departmental operation relating to work-center organization.
- Develops and manages the budget considering labor and supply costs, while meeting production goals.
- Utilizes KPI metrics to track employee performance.
- Establishes effective labor relations with union personnel.
- Proactively solves problems with personnel, equipment and procedural issues.
- Experience with casting, extrusion and cold work material processes and metallurgy
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of supervision in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a union environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes such as DMAIC, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, etc.
Kappa Search, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, citizenship status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses as mandated by applicable local, state, and federal laws.