Kappa Search is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in manufacturing, operations and management recruitment and placement. One of our clients based in Houston is currently looking for a metrics driven Plant Manager with high volume operations experience.
Directs plant start-up, safety, quality, production, inventory control, planning (CAPEX & budgeting) for plant by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
- The Plant Manager will be part of an executive team to start-up a new manufacturing plant, select production equipment and hire/train professional supervisory team.
- Develops company maintenance manager, production supervisors, manufacturing engineers and planning personnel to accomplish and maintain world class manufacturing and operational levels.
- Develops plans for the efficient use of materials, machinery, and employees.
- Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the plant.
- Proposes any necessary capital expenditure and maintenance plans that will help to improve overall productivity, quality and safety.
- Provides guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs;
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Ensures safety, environmental and legal compliance throughout the plant & property.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10 + years experience as a Plant or Operations Manager in an industrial processing environment, such as in the manufacture of molded plastics, elastomer or rubber products.
- Experience with plant start-up and equipment installation is preferred.
- Lean and Six Sigma working experience